Monday, March 20, 2006

Pretty Damned Frustrating

Spent most of today (and half of yesterday) trying to convert my novel A Half Life Of One into PDF format so that people could download it from my blog.

Transforming it was actually the easy bit. There's plenty of free software around that allows you to convert Word into PDF at the touch of a button. Unfortunately I then discovereed that Blogger doesn't let you put the PDF file directly into your blog. You have to get it hosted on an independent site and then paste in a link to it. Sounds easy now. But it isn't. I must have tried a dozen different hosting sites, mostly free. Hot linking is the problem it seems.

However, I finally figured it out and it seems to be working. So if you want to download A Half Life to read offline, or even print out, feel free.

Which reminds me. I must have another go at that ending. I know what I want to do. I'm not going to change it as such. I'm simply going to add to it. Just a couple of sentences but I think they'll transform the book. Sometime this week I'll do it, when I've plucked up the courage to look at it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment