Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Casting a fly on the water

Today I sent off my marketing pitch for my novel A Half Life of One. As you know I'm trying to catch myself an agent. I re-wrote the Covering Letter and the Synopsis in the light of all the great advice I was given by readers of this blog. Then I re-wrote them again. And again. And one more, final, time. Hopefully they're now perfect. Better than the novel probably.

Actually I re-wrote the first chapter of the book too, in the light of some of the things I'd learned writing the query letter. As a result, for the first time I'm happy with the opening. You can read it here if you're interested.

I will, of course, let you know what kind of response I get. You're partly responsible for the success or failure of my marketing strategy, after all.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:11 pm

    I love that picture of the audience clapping. I wish I could do things like that on my blog but I'm somewhat technologically challenged. Good pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:01 pm

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's right ... blame us!

    Of course we won't mind if/when you're successful and you carry on blaming us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:58 pm

    I will!

    ReplyDelete