Monday, October 23, 2006

Five things

Debi Alper tagged me for a meme entitled: Five things about me that are not generally known.

This is a tough one for me. For a start I don't know what you don't know. To make matters worse, just about everything you could possibly want to know about me has already been posted up on this blog as part of my unremitting search to discover the truth about myself. After a year of blogging there's not much left.

But, for what it's worth, here's five things you're unlikely to know about me:

1 For forty years, until about six years ago, I believed I had killed my father
2 I never wanted to be an entrepreneur
3 While I was still at university I applied for a "dead end job" (my description of the advertised post which I repeated to the woman who interviewed me) - and got it
4 I never wanted to have children
5 I started smoking when I was fifteen because I thought that was what writers and poets did. I stopped when I was twenty-four because by then...but you know the rest.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:02 pm

    Well, number one is a book, so is number two come to that. Number three has the makings of a book and you can't do 1,2 or 3 without having experienced 4 and 5. Any more deeply dark secrets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:09 pm

    Pretty cool collection, in my opinion. But you didn't let us know who washes your socks. (My mother always told me when I was a girl "never end up washing a man's socks").

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:47 pm

    'Spose it depends if his feet are still in them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:55 am

    WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maxine, that's a killer question which blows my new man credibility right out of the water. Can I take the Fifth Amendment?

    ReplyDelete