Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Do idiots have feelings?

You know, some days I just feel so stupid. I mean, even more stupid than usual. Today is one of those days.

Feeling stupid in turn gives rise to feelings of inadequacy. Feelings of inadequacy that are exacerbated when I read blogs written by people a whole lot cleverer than me.

When its blogs about books I read in my stupid state I wonder if these clever people are actually superior sentient beings to me. I can't express this very well because I'm stupid. But maybe you can see what I mean. Do clever people get more out of Shakespeare than I do? Or even my beloved Fitzgerald? That sort of thing. Does that make me a lesser person as a result.

It reminds me of that debate: Is an African life worth more than a European one? Or is that an invalid analogy?

Somebody clever out there explain this to me, would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment