Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Shoving your head into a hornet's nest

This is not a blog about publishing.

Let me repeat that. This is not a blog about publishing. If you really want to know about that benighted industry go take a look at The Grumpy Old Bookman's blog.

This is a blog about writing. Something very different.

However, because I'm an idiot and because I think I know a little about business, I've allowed myself to get sucked into a discussion regarding the viability of the traditional publishing industry.

To make matters worse, I've got into a fight with people who are a lot cleverer than me. As a contest it's a bit like me stepping into the ring with Mike Tyson in his prime. Not even in his prime, in fact.

However, I have my pride, and even tho' I'm going to get pummelled, I'm going to defend to the death the wild assertions I've been making. If you're at all squeamish, go visit another blog for a couple of days.

Any writers out there, bear with me for a couple of posts while I address some of the hares I've set running then we'll get back to the real business of writing and marketing our masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment