Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Never apologise

I make no apologies for the silence on this blog for the last few days. I've been thinking. And anyway, silence is golden.

There are two main strands to my thoughts which I'll address in the next few posts.

Firstly, what is this blog for?

The answer has to be that it's a platform to attract readers, some of whom at least will go on to read my book A Half Life Of One.

So how effective is the blog as a promotional tool? That depends. If you're prepared to put a lot of work in and post every day you can definitely build up a readership. Maybe thirty or forty visitors a day. Of whom about half will take a look across at my sister site wherein resides A Half Life Of One.

I guess as time goes by it might be possible to build up the blog readership to, say, a hundred or so visitors. Which means perhaps fifty people might read the book.

And, of course, there will be a steady trickle of curious visitors in the years to come. So, being optimistic, maybe 100 people will read the book in the next few years.

Is that a success or failure? I dunno. But it's better than the alternative.

1 comment: